WelcomeHave a seat, grab a cuppa, a goblet, or a glass and enjoy a few tales to take you somewhere else for a while.
Lovers of fiction with strong characters and adventure, this is the place for you. Step onto the dusty streets of Tombstone and hear the wagons creak above the tinny notes of a far-off piano. Or breathe deeply of green sea as a brisk wind ruffles your hair and gulls cry, soaring over a rock-strewn beach.
Soar into high flying fiction by Jude Johnson.
- The third novella in the Save The Last Dance series, A Torrid Tango will be released by Champagne Books a month early-- Monday, February 3! For Maggie Pearce and John Harrison, simply getting to a ballroom competition mimics a Spartan obstacle course. Finally free to become a couple--except for the ocean between their homes and circumstances that seem to conspire to keep them apart-- Maggie’s first ballroom competition in Las Vegas seems the perfect place to rendezvous, but an arrogant dance instructor and a lascivious producer create obstacles at every turn.
- Book Two of Jude Johnson's Save The Last Dance contemporary romance series-- A Wicked Waltz-- will be released by Champagne Books on December 2, 2013:
Maggie Pearce denies her feelings when she meets her true soul mate in John Harrison. She strongly believes in the wedding vows she took with her stock broker husband, even though their relationship is dead. But when John Harrison comes to town with a film crew, circumstance throws them together again. Each must choose if it’s better to stay where they are in loveless relationships, or gamble on A Wicked Waltz of fated love…
Click here to check out at Champagne Books
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to attend a movie premiere and meet the star you admire? What if there was a connection? What if you both felt the spark, only to realize you're both already in miserable relationships? My new contemporary romance novella series called Save the Last Dance, opens with just that scenario in A DANGEROUS DANCE: Maggie Pearce is a ranch girl who feels trapped in her loveless marriage to a Scottsdale stock broker. English actor and heartthrob John Harrison's relationship with his bombshell costar isn't everything it seems. When they meet, sparks fly and desires ignite--but their attraction is A DANGEROUS DANCE that could destroy everything they've worked for. Is a love that appears to be destiny worth the hell they'd have to pay?
Click here to check it out on Amazon
"Seven Dress Sizes"--a collection of short stories showing that self worth cannot be measured by a number--published by 7DS Books.
What is the worth of a woman? What is beauty? Depending on culture, commercialism, family, or our peers, men and woman have allowed society to dictate the worth of a woman based on nothing more than the outer shell of her existence. There is no perfect number. No measurement or shape is safe under the judgemental eyes of the world. No eyes can judge a woman as harshly as her own. Seven Dress Sizes takes you into the lives of seven different struggles of modern females in a full scope of shapes and sizes, struggling to find the key unlocking self worth, acceptance of beauty and natural confidence.
Amazon: for Kindle and paperback
Barnes & Noble, paperback only
- "Number Forty"--a short story about an odd reunion--now published in eto Magazine
- Jude has a new short story, Cymru Am Byth (Wales Forever) in this new anthology coming soon from Champagne Book Group!
Shared Whispers is a collection of short stories created by an eclectic group of sixteen award-winning writers from across the globe who create novels in such diverse genres as romance, suspense, mystery, thrillers, paranormal, fantasy, and science fiction. What’s the common theme to the anthology you’re about to read? Each story reflects the allure and importance of amore in our lives. Why the title, Shared Whispers? Every writer has a unique voice in which they reflect the fictional world carried in their mind’s eye. It can be the flow of their words or the rhythm or pulse to their scenes. The elegance of some voices pull you into the story, envelop you with their characters and offer momentary release from the drudgery and the complexity of modern life. In essence, these stories reveal the thoughts, the murmurs, the whispers shared with the Muse, our individual guide that holds our hand from the first to the last word. At the end of each creation, each author offers the Story Behind the Story, the seed from which the idea evolved. You’ll also find a brief bio of their writing career and other titles that might be of interest.
Shared Whispers is now published by Champagne and will also be released Sept 3. The anthology is available right now at All Romance Ebooks
- Dragon's Legacy is now available!
Jamie Jones looks like his Mexican mother and so struggles to find his place in an increasingly Anglo Tucson, Arizona Territory, in 1904. But his stubborn Welsh half is determined to be accepted, so he sets his sights on winning the affection of Miss Iris Crawford, an aloof beauty with motives of her own.
Percy Kindall lives the life of a privileged rogue in San Diego—until the day of his father’s suicide. Percy’s only clue to motive is a letter sent to a mysterious Mrs. Reyna Jones in Tucson. When he arrives there, he recognizes a kindred spirit in Iris Crawford, and makes clandestine arrangements for their mutual satisfaction.
Unaware of the avaricious manipulations of Miss Crawford, Jamie and Percy’s lives collide and intertwine in a web of secrets and destiny—a Dragon’s Legacy.
- Out of Forgotten Ashes--Evan Jones thinks his troubles are over in 1886. He’s married his love, the mystic Mexican healer Reyna, and started horse ranching outside of Tombstone in the Arizona Territory. But tragedy strikes when least expected to nearly tear their union apart. Evan and Reyna soon face more than one phoenix rising from forgotten ashes of his past that threaten dire—and possibly deadly—consequences.
- Cactus Cymry: Influential Welsh of the Southern Arizona Territory--Jude's new non-fiction book has been published by Open Books Press. These immigrants from Wales were newspaper men, stagecoach robbers, con men, erudite judges, and of course, miners who helped to make the Arizona Territory into the Forty-Eighth State in 1912. Now available from Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble. Also available for order by your local bookstore through Ingram.
- FREE cookbook from Champagne Books
- BlogTalk Radio interview on Lette's Chat:
- 5-Star Review for Out of Forgotten Ashes: "...a wonderful affirmation of love between a married couple who are just struggling to live and make a life for themselves in the Old West. Ms. Johnson has seamlessly meshed two very different cultures, languages and beliefs into a love story, western adventure and mystery while infusing it with very real historical facts... A truly beautiful love story that definitely makes this reviewer want to read Book 1 of the series."
- Within The Mists, a short fantasy set in Nelson's Navy, released for e-publication by Champagne Books on July 4, 2011 and Amazon.
- Jude was interviewed on AmeriCymru regarding the release of Dragon & Hawk. Click here to see the interview.
- AmeriCymru gave Dragon & Hawk 5 Stars in their review.
- Jude was featured in Champagne Book's March, 2011 Newsletter.
- Jude and the other members of Gecko Gals Ink will be at the Gaslight Theatre's Holiday Craft Fair! December 7 and 8 at the Gaslight, 7010 E. Broadway (at Kolb) in Tucson, from 9AM till 6PM. Books made wonderful gifts that can be reopened repeatedly so come by, say Howdy, and purchase a gift set for someone special on your holiday list!