WelcomeHave a seat, grab a cuppa, a goblet, or a glass and enjoy a few tales to take you somewhere else for a while.
Lovers of fiction with strong characters and adventure, this is the place for you. Step onto the dusty streets of Tombstone and hear the wagons creak above the tinny notes of a far-off piano. Or breathe deeply of green sea as a brisk wind ruffles your hair and gulls cry, soaring over a rock-strewn beach.
Soar into high flying fiction by Jude Johnson.
- "Number Forty"--a short story about an odd reunion--now published in eto Magazine
- Jude has a new short story, Cymru Am Byth (Wales Forever) in this new anthology coming soon from Champagne Book Group!
Shared Whispers is a collection of short stories created by an eclectic group of sixteen award-winning writers from across the globe who create novels in such diverse genres as romance, suspense, mystery, thrillers, paranormal, fantasy, and science fiction. What’s the common theme to the anthology you’re about to read? Each story reflects the allure and importance of amore in our lives. Why the title, Shared Whispers? Every writer has a unique voice in which they reflect the fictional world carried in their mind’s eye. It can be the flow of their words or the rhythm or pulse to their scenes. The elegance of some voices pull you into the story, envelop you with their characters and offer momentary release from the drudgery and the complexity of modern life. In essence, these stories reveal the thoughts, the murmurs, the whispers shared with the Muse, our individual guide that holds our hand from the first to the last word. At the end of each creation, each author offers the Story Behind the Story, the seed from which the idea evolved. You’ll also find a brief bio of their writing career and other titles that might be of interest.
- Dragon's Legacy is now available!
Jamie Jones looks like his Mexican mother and so struggles to find his place in an increasingly Anglo Tucson, Arizona Territory, in 1904. But his stubborn Welsh half is determined to be accepted, so he sets his sights on winning the affection of Miss Iris Crawford, an aloof beauty with motives of her own.
Percy Kindall lives the life of a privileged rogue in San Diego—until the day of his father’s suicide. Percy’s only clue to motive is a letter sent to a mysterious Mrs. Reyna Jones in Tucson. When he arrives there, he recognizes a kindred spirit in Iris Crawford, and makes clandestine arrangements for their mutual satisfaction.
Unaware of the avaricious manipulations of Miss Crawford, Jamie and Percy’s lives collide and intertwine in a web of secrets and destiny—a Dragon’s Legacy.
- Out of Forgotten Ashes--Evan Jones thinks his troubles are over in 1886. He’s married his love, the mystic Mexican healer Reyna, and started horse ranching outside of Tombstone in the Arizona Territory. But tragedy strikes when least expected to nearly tear their union apart. Evan and Reyna soon face more than one phoenix rising from forgotten ashes of his past that threaten dire—and possibly deadly—consequences.
- Cactus Cymry: Influential Welsh of the Southern Arizona Territory--Jude's new non-fiction book has been published by Open Books Press. These immigrants from Wales were newspaper men, stagecoach robbers, con men, erudite judges, and of course, miners who helped to make the Arizona Territory into the Forty-Eighth State in 1912. Now available from Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble. Also available for order by your local bookstore through Ingram.
- FREE cookbook from Champagne Books
- BlogTalk Radio interview on Lette's Chat:
- 5-Star Review for Out of Forgotten Ashes: "...a wonderful affirmation of love between a married couple who are just struggling to live and make a life for themselves in the Old West. Ms. Johnson has seamlessly meshed two very different cultures, languages and beliefs into a love story, western adventure and mystery while infusing it with very real historical facts... A truly beautiful love story that definitely makes this reviewer want to read Book 1 of the series."
- Within The Mists, a short fantasy set in Nelson's Navy, released for e-publication by Champagne Books on July 4, 2011 and Amazon.
- Jude was interviewed on AmeriCymru regarding the release of Dragon & Hawk. Click here to see the interview.
- AmeriCymru gave Dragon & Hawk 5 Stars in their review.
- Jude was featured in Champagne Book's March, 2011 Newsletter.
- Gecko Gals Ink presents Write Start For Writing, Secrets to Getting Started--
a seminar to help you get your story into a format you can save to share--or not.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
10 AM - 3 PM
St. Francis Cabrini Classrooms
3201 E. Presidio Road, Tucson
Cost: $50 for the entire day--and includes lunch
Visit our blog for information and Registration forms!